Denver and Centennial's Best Audiologists
Home Denver Doctor of Audiology Contact

Who would you recommend seeing for tinnitus and what credentials should they have?


My daughter in law age 52 has had sudden onset of tinnitus in her left ear. She has been seen by local physicians ( EENT specialist) and has had a regime of steroid injections over three weeks and the ringing continues unabated. She also had MRI to r/o acustic tumor. That was negative. From what I have been able to learn there are many causes for tinnitus.

Who would you recommend she see in the Fort Wayne, Indiana area??? Or other places, Ohio, Michigan, and Illinois.

What credentials should the practitioner have?

I must admit that in the 45 years I practiced nursing, this was not a diagnosis that I remember ever had experience caring for.

My daughter-in-law is already experiencing stress from the constant ringing and finds it difficult to work any where the noise level is higher than normal.

I thank you ahead of time for your assistance with our search.


Dear Ms. Franklin,

Your daughter-in-law is so blessed to have you help her.  I understand what she is going through.  Not only the sound is an issue, but the unknown surrounding it can cause anxiety as well.
I don’t know of anyone in your area who I would recommend, but go to “” and type in your state or zip code to find board certified doctors who may be able to help.  Cross reference that list with  Hopefully you will find a match.  Although they do not have the same training and background that I do, I’m sure that someone will be able to help in some way.
Good luck, and let me know if I can be of any additional help.
Dr.Jenkins, AuD, BCABA